IMG_2351
 

 

Our History:
Traveling ministers started the first Methodist congregation in the 1850’s on the northwest side of Manito.
rev. M.E. Pomfret was the first resident pastor during 1866 and 1867. In 1867 a new one-room church was built across the street south of the masonic hall. In 1880 the Manito and Spring Lake circuits were combined because neither congregation could support a minister alone. When Manito received its first post office in 1881 the charge became known as the Manito Methodist church. In 1898 a more up-to-date church was erected and dedicated by rev. Clarke in 1899. a fire in 1930 destroyed the church building and it was replaced by a larger brick church in 1931. the new church was dedicated in 1936. Through the years, the location, the building and the people have changed but there remains one constant that never changes: god’s love for His children and His desire to share the love with the world through the local Church.